So last Monday was my last day of work, which means that we are a homeless and unemployed couple until January. 🙂 Kinda scary, but super exciting. Chase and I are both SO EXCITED about the coming months and what the future has in store for us. And although I already miss my BHC family and my little childrens that I worked with…
Here are some of the things I am looking forward to right now:
- Family time- Today is the beginning of a two-week break with Chase! This is the first time we have been at home together with nothing to do in about 4 years. We are so thankful for the sweet family that has allowed us to stay in their guest house for a month while we are in transition. We are living on a beautiful ranch far from civilization! 🙂 Ok…it’s not THAT far…but it’s pretty far. We actually say the words “going to town”! We plan on relaxing a lot, loving on our 2 favorite pups and maybe taking some “Neature Walks.” (Now…you gotta watch this video…I almost peed my pants.) We’re gonna “get the earth moving”. Chase is dying to go hog hunting, but every time we “go to town”, we forget to buy ammo.
- Trips & Traveling- We are heading to the beautiful state of Colorado in a few weeks for Chase’s last…YES, LAST…clinical rotation. He is “unlucky” enough for it to be in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. 😉 It is a 14 week rotation, and I am sure he is going to love every minute of it! 🙂 I know I am going to love spending time up there. Those Rocky Mountains are good for the soul! I am also SUPER STOKED about a girlfriend trip to New York City in October. I’m a NYC virgin and I am beside myself excited about this trip! THEN…in December Chase and I are going to Mexico for a much earned (by him) vacation after his graduation. So…I’m pretty much going to be a nomad until December. At my parent’s house, friends’ houses, Steamboat, Denver… and your house if you’ll have me! 🙂
- Paleo Cooking– I am loving using new foods and learning how to cook with them. (I bought an eggplant…and I’m terrified of it!) Chase and I have stayed on track (aside from some vacation time) since the end of our “Whole 30” and I’m looking forward to learning and trying new recipes with him during our break. I am really thankful for his support in this area of my life for a number of reasons: I can count of him not to tempt me with crap food, he is just as dedicated to changing his eating habits as I am, and he is one FABULOUS COOK. Seriously…you have no idea!
- Crossfit– I am refusing to even think about saying goodbye to Crossfit Benedictus in a few weeks, but I’m excited about continuing to Crossfit wherever I am, if it’s possible. I got a PR today. 3 RM Sumo Deadlift= 225 lb.
- The “Big Move”– In December, Chase and I are making the move to Kerrville, after 7 great years in Abilene. Chase is going to be working in an outpatient clinic there. More on Kerrville when we know! 🙂 As of now…we have a contract for Chase’s job. That’s it. No job for Jenni, no house, no friends. Somewhat scary…but mostly exciting! We have loved it there when we have visited, and everyone always has great things to say about the town. So I guess that’s enough for us!