Waaaahooo. I have successfully made it to day 15 of the Whole 30. I almost can’t believe it. It has flown by…and has been a great experience so far. Here are 15 things I have learned so far:
- It is possible to attend events with delicious food…without partaking! (Seriously…wedding cake, shower treats, Bangkok Thai, McKay’s Bakery cookies, donuts, Oreos, tortilla chips)
- I have more control over when and what I eat than I have ever given myself credit for.
- I feel much better about myself…when I treat my body with respect.
- I have experienced a lot fewer energy “plummets” in the late afternoons. (I used to want to lay down on my office floor at about 3:30-4:00) Ok…I actually did a few times! 🙂
- The first 5 days…detoxing…sucked BAD!
- It is empowering to learn about my body and how to treat it properly.
- It is possible to not eat fast food. (This quite possibly could fall under the “miracle” category for me. I
amwas what people like to call a junk-food-junkie!
- Having Chase on this journey with me makes it SO MUCH EASIER!
- It’s fun to cook with new spices and foods.
- My “saving grace” foods= eggs and avocados
- My appetite is starting to work itself out. I haven’t figured it out yet…but at least it’s better than having an appetite the size of Texas. (Another “miracle”)
- A few people think I am crazy. 🙂
- My friends and family have been really great support. ESPECIALLY my CFB Coach Kristin, my lil’ bro and his GF (they started Paleo eating yesterday), and my co-workers.
- I am actually to a point where I am not looking forward to housing a large pepperoni pizza on day 31.
- I am strong enough to do this…and I’m gonna make it another 15 days without a single CHEAT!